This mushroom vinaigrette is super versatile. It goes great with meat and fish, as well as a dressing for vegetables like the baby bok choy.
- 2-4 heads of baby bok choy
- 1 cup of chopped shiitake mushrooms
- ½ cup of sliced scallions
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup of sesame oil
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- Cut each head of bok choy in half.
- Heat a few tablespoons of oil in a statue pan over medium heat.
- Sear each bok choy face side down until golden, leaving the top half partially uncooked. This provides an extra layer of texture and flavor to the dish.
- Remove from the pan and reserve the bok choy.
- In the pan lightly saute the ginger and garlic.
- Add the mushrooms and saute on low heat until tender. If they sweat out liquid that’s great! It’s super flavorful.
- While warm, combine the mushrooms with the rest of the ingredients and season to taste.
- Spoon the vinaigrette generously over each piece of bok choy.