Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 25 mins
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large Spanish onion (chopped)
- 1 green bell pepper (seeded and sliced)
- 1 red bell pepper (seeded and sliced)
- 2 jimmy nardello peppers (seeded and finely sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed and finely chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 15-ounce can petite diced tomatoes
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Sauté the onion, peppers, garlic, salt, paprika, black pepper, and sugar, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are cooked through.
- Add the tomatoes and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, until most of the liquid has evaporated and the sauce has thickened.