- Olive oil
- 12 ounces celery ribs, trimmed to about 6 inches
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 cup chicken stock
- ¼ cup of sweet white wine like Riesling or vermouth
- 2 heaping tablespoons dijon mustard or grainy mustard
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium-low heat. Add the celery and cook 1 to 2 minutes, turning once.
- Add minced shallot, stock, and a splash of white wine or vermouth.
- Cover the pan and gently simmer on low until celery is translucent and fork-tender.
- While the celery cooks, make the sauce. Whisk together dijon mustard, vinegar, and lemon juice.
- Remove celery from pan and transfer to plates.
- Strain the braising liquid. Add the shallots to the dressing.
- Stir in 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil. Drizzle celery with sauce and serve.