This salad is a textural phenomenon. Super crunchy and tangy with a kick of salt and creaminess from the feta cheese.
- 5 stalks of celery
- 1 small bulb of fennel
- ½ red onion
- 1 ½ cups shredded kale
- 4 ounces of sheep’s milk feta cheese
- 3 sprigs of dill
- ¼ cup of toasted pistachios
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- ¼ cup of cider vinegar
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- On a bias, cut your celery into long thin pieces. If the leaves are still attached that’s great! They are equally as delicious.
- On a mandolin or with a sharp knife, shave the fennel and onion into some ice water to keep them crunchy. Reserve the fennel fronds to use like an herb!
- Add a pinch of salt to your kale and massage until tender.
- Chop up the dill and some of the fennel fronds.
- Whisk together the vinaigrette and add in the dill and fennel fronds.
- Toss the salad in the dressing and season to taste.
- Top with the cheese and pistachios.