When corn is in season and so sweet and delicious, not much has to be done to it. Corn is the star of this simple dish, with a few supporting characters to really make it shine.
- 5 ears corn, shucked
- ½ cup small-diced red onion
- ½ cup small-diced celery
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- Zest of 1 lime
- 3 tablespoons good olive oil
- ½ cup chopped basil
- ½ cup chopped mint
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the corn for 3 minutes until the starchiness is just gone.
- Drain and immerse it in ice water to stop the cooking and to set the color.
- When the corn is cool, cut the kernels off the cob, cutting close to the cob.
- Toss the kernels in a large bowl with the red onions, lime juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Just before serving, toss in the herbs. Taste for seasonings and serve cold or at room temperature.