This is one of those all purpose sauces that will taste amazing with really almost anything. Grilled meat, chicken, and fish all pair wonderfully with chimichurri. Mix it with sour cream and use it as a dip for crudite, or don’t mix it with sour cream and use it as a dip for crudite. Toss some baby new potatoes in it for a warm potato salad that will blow your mind. One of my all time favorite ways to use this chimichurri is to marinate portobello mushrooms in it and grill them over charcoal.
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 4 cloves garlic , finely chopped or minced
- 4 small red chilies, or 2 regular sized red chili, deseeded and finely chopped (about 1 tablespoon finely chopped chili)
- 1 tablespoon teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and allow to sit together at room temperature for at least an hour before using.