Gilfeather turnips are very special! They have a light, sweet, creamy flavor so they are great when paired with savory items like garlic butter and bacon!
- 5 gilfeather turnips, peeled and cut in wedges
- 3 slices of bacon, cut into very thin strips
- 5 tablespoons of garlic butter
- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 3 sprigs of tarragon, chopped
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- White pepper to taste
- Kosher salt to taste
- In a saute pan, render out the bacon until they are crispy. Remove and drain on a paper towel, reserving the fat in the pan.
- Add the garlic butter and sprigs of thyme to the bacon fat until the butter is melted.
- Add the turnips to the hot fat and allow to caramelize on one side. Season with salt and pepper and then put the whole pan in a 350F oven until cooked through.
- Remove from the oven, deglaze with the sherry vinegar, add in the chopped tarragon and give it all a tpss to get them evenly coated.
- Top with the crispy bacon and serve immediately