Late summer is the time to start preserving all that this season has to offer! No better way to battle your seasonal blues than with sweet and warming peach marmalade.
PREP TIME15 mins
COOK TIME15 mins
- 2 lbs. peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 medium navel orange
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 3- 3 1/2 cups granulated white sugar,
- 1 tsp. vanilla or vanilla bean paste
- Peel, pit and slice the peaches.
- Remove the ends from orange and slice across the equator as thinly as you can. Chop the peel and flesh into small pieces.
- Place the prepared peach slices and chopped orange into a large bowl. Add the lemon juice. Weigh the fruit mixture. Add an equal weight of granulated sugar to the bowl.and stir to combine.
- Place the fruit/sugar mixture in a large, heavy bottom pan (not aluminum) over medium heat and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Raise heat to medium-high and continue cooking until it starts to thicken.
- Remove the pan from heat and stir in the vanilla and orange blossom water.
- Spoon into clean jars, leaving 1/2-inch headspace.