Pickled mushrooms are one of the best items to have in your fridge throughout the year. Try chopping it up like a relish and spreading it on your burgers!
- 2 cups shiitake mushrooms, stemmed
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup sherry vinegar
- ¹⁄³ cup sugar
- 1 piece fresh ginger, peeled and sliced into coins of a thickness.
- Combine the mushrooms,, soy sauce, sherry vinegar, sugar, and ginger in a saucepan. Bring it to a boil, reduce it to a simmer, and cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let the contents cool down to room temperature.
- Pour the contents of the pan into a jar and chill well.