Sweet and tart currants are added to a classic cocktail to create a refreshing twist!
- 1 lime
- 1/2 cup red currants
- 2 tablespoons sugar, or to taste
- 1 1/2 ounces cachaça or vodka, or to taste
- Remove the red currants from their stems, using a fork to gently tug them downward into a bowl. Reserve a few to garnish.
- Cut the lime into 8 wedges. Muddle the wedges with the red currants and sugar in a cocktail shaker. Add cachaça (or vodka) and ice, and shake for 30 seconds.
- Transfer to a rocks glass, garnish with more red currants, and serve.