Bright, colorful, sweet wax beans are paired with peppery arugula to make a Summer stunner salad.
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 pound yellow wax beans, trimmed
- 3 shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1½ teaspoons fresh thyme leaves, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 2 cups baby arugula
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the wax beans, shallots and garlic, and cook, tossing as needed until golden brown, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the lemon juice, thyme leaves and red pepper flakes. Season with salt. Cook until the beans are just tender, while still retaining a bite, 5 minutes.
- Stir in the arugula leaves and cook until just wilted,