One of my all time favorite salads! Or really, one of my all time favorite salad dressings. The romaine and croutons may seem a bit lackluster, so we will take a classic and put our seasonal Berkshires Direct twist on it!
For the dressing:
- ½ cup of green garlic, blanched lightly
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- 3 anchovy fillets
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Salt, black pepper, and lemon juice to taste
- Combine everything in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Season with salt, black pepper, and fresh lemon juice.
For the salad:
There are no real quantities here, put as much of each item as you want for however many people you are feeding. Feel free to improvise on what you add in your salad! I like a mix of hearty greens, delicate lettuce, and mixed vegetables. The grated eggs provide a great texture and creaminess!
- Red leaf lettuce
- Blanched or grilled asparagus
- Parsley leaves
- Shaved carrots
- Hard boiled egg, grated
For the croutons:
- 5 slices of soft white bread
- 3 sprigs of chopped thyme
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut or tear the croutons into small pieces.
- Coat with the olive oil and seasonings and bake at 3205F until golden and crunchy.