Crisp, tender, savory bok choy has so much great flavor and texture! It is delicious stir fried with lots of salty and savory ingredients to go with it.
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 2 teaspoons of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 2 heads Bok Choy, ends trimmed and cut crosswise into strips and washed if needed
- 1 T butter
- Toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- Salt to taste
- Combine water, soy sauce, sesame oil, and oyster sauce and set aside.
- Heat wok or heavy frying pan until very hot, about 1-2 minutes, then add oil and heat about 30 seconds more.
- Add bok choy and salt and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Add soy sauce mixture and butter and stir fry 1-2 minutes more, until bok choy is still slightly crisp, but getting tender.
- Serve hot, sprinkled with toasted sesame seeds if desired.