Prep Time: 7 mins
Cook Time: 40 mins
- 1/2 large red cabbage, sliced 1/4-inch think
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the thinly sliced red cabbage and toss to coat with the butter. Sauté until slightly wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle sugar over the cabbage and toss to coat evenly.
- Add the balsamic vinegar to the pot. Bring to a simmer, then reduce the heat to medium low.
- Cover and simmer until the cabbage is completely tender, stirring often, about 30 minutes total.
- Add chopped dill.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.