A good quiche is a necessary recipe to have in your cooking rotation. It fits into every meal of the day. Served warm for breakfast, room temperature for lunch, and as a full dinner. It's also great because you can switch up the add-ins and keep it interesting!
- 2 ½ cups AP flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold and cut into cubes
- ¾ cup of chilled vegetable shortening
- ½ cup ice water
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup whole milk
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 cup crumbled dill farmers cheese
- 1 cup sliced leeks
- 1 cup shredded swiss chard, wilted
- Make pie dough the night before so it can have sufficient time to rest and get to the proper temperature.Preheat oven to 375°F. Partially blind bake your pie crust.blind bake in a 9-inch pie dish.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a little bit of butter, sweat the leeks until translucent. Add the swiss chard and wilt lightly.
- In a large bowl with a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat the eggs, whole milk, heavy cream, salt, and pepper together on high speed until completely combined.
- Whisk in leeks, cheese, and swiss chard.
- Season with salt and white pepper.
- Bake the quiche until the center is just about set, about 45-55 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes.