This salad uses some of the best produce that this week’s basket has to offer. All the flavors of the dressing combine to really highlight the sweet crispy cabbage and cucumbers, and the sweetness of the carrots.
- 1 tendersweet cabbage. shredded
- 3 carrots, grated
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- 1 1-2 jalapeno, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup thai basil, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 2 large oranges, juiced
- 1 lime, juiced and zested
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 clove of garlic, grated
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- Sliced scallion to garnish
- In a large bowl, combine all the prepared veggies.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients for your dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the slaw mixture and toss until the salad is well coated.
- Sprinkle salad with the scallions, and serve.